My husband brought home a bunch of lemons that a Co-worker brought into to work. They were the best tasting lemons I have had in awhile so I decided to have a baking day. I found some recipes on Recipezaar that sounded really good. They all turned out really good. My favorites were the lemonade and the lemon bars. I could eat the whole pan.
1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
7 cups cold water
1 cup sugar
Mix all the ingredients together. Chill and enjoy!!
Lemon-Pumpkin Mini Muffins
1 3/4 cups flour 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1/3 cup vegetable oil 1 cup canned pumpkin 1 lemon, juice and zest of
1. Preheat oven to 350. 2. In a large bowl combine sugars eggs and oil. 3. Add pumpkin, lemon juice, zest and spices. Stir until well blended. 4. Add dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. 5. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. 6. Fill 2/3 full. (about 1 T each). 7. Bake 15 minutes. 8. Turn out on cooling rack and allow to cool.
2/3 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
2/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice (not concentrate) Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350- grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
2. Beat shortening& sugar until light& fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
5. Add nuts& lemon peel.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 50-60 minutes or until tests done.
7. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing.
8. Put a sheet of foil under wire rack; place breads top-sides up on the wire rack.
9. Blend topping ingredients, and brush on tops of loaves while still warm.
Lemon Tea Muffins
2 cups unsifted flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup margarine or butter, softened 1 cup sugar 4 eggs, separated 1/2 cup lemon juice 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts-optional 2 tablespoons light brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. 2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. 3. In a large bowl, beat the margarine and sugar until fluffy. 4. Add the egg yolks and beat until light. 5. Gradually stir in the lemon juice, alternately with the dry ingredients. 6. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. 7. Fold 1/3 of the the egg whites into the batter, then follow with the remaining egg whites. 8. Fill paper-lined or greased 2-1/2 inch muffin cups until they are three-quarters full. 9. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the muffins. 10. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. 11. Cool in the pan, set on a wire rack for five minutes. 12. Remove from the pan and serve warm.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 1/2 cup sugar 2 large eggs 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons sugar 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating well. 2. Add eggs; stir in lemon rind and juice. 3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture. 4. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans (or an ungreased non-stick pan you trust), filling 2/3 full. 5. Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over batter. 6. Bake at 375F for 15 minutes. 7. Remove from pans immediately to cool.
2 cups sifted flour 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 cup butter
4 large beaten eggs 2 cups white sugar 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (optional)
1. For the base mix the butter into the flour and sugar. 2. Mix with hands until it clings together. 3. Press into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. 4. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. 5. For the filling, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice. 6. Sift together flour and baking powder. 7. Stir into egg mixture. 8. Pour over baked, cooled crust. 9. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. 10. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. 11. Cut into bars.