Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Photo Magnets

I wanted to give some of my friends a simple gift for Christmas. While I was looking for ideas I came across these super cute magnets. You can use scrapbook paper but I chose to use photos of their families. What better way to hold up your fridge clutter then with pictures of your kids?
I started out with the following items: Mod Podge, foam brushes, small round magnets, clear jumbo gems and a round punch.
I found the pictures I wanted to use and then printed them off in color.
I used the punch to cut out round picture circles.
I brushed on some Mod Podge to the back of the gem (the flat side) and pressed on the picture. Make sure to pat it down with your fingers to get the air bubbles out. I forgot to do that to a few and you can see the bubbles.
I then spread a thin coat of Mod Podge over the back of the photo. The Mod Podge goes on white but will be clear when it dries.
Coat one side of the magnet with Mod Podge and then press onto the back of the gem.
This is what the back looks like once it dries.
Once I had all the supplies it only took me about 15 minutes to do 20 magnets. They were fun to make and I plan to make some for my fridge really soon.

No comments: