Monday, November 14, 2011

Crafting with your kids: We are thankful for...

My oldest son has been on fall break for the past two weeks.  To say he is driving me insane is an understatement.  He is constantly board and begging for things to do.  In an effort to keep him busy I have been trying to do one craft a day with him.  Today we made a thankful tree.
My son used a punch to cut a bunch of tiny leaves out of yellow, orange and red construction paper.  I used brown paper and cut out a tree shape.  We then used some cloth leaves I had on hand and my son glued them onto the tree.  On each leaf we wrote something we are thankful for such as family friends, Jesus and our pets.

This was a fun and easy craft.  It also gave us a chance to think about the many things that we are thankful for on a daily basis.

No comments: