Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Days til Thanksgiving- Day 8

My boys have been curious about the meaning of Thanksgiving so I found this cute poem and craft.
As I read the poem I gave the boys the beads to string on.  We didn't have a black, brown or red bead so we colored them to help represent the colors.
We are doing a turkey trot on Thanksgiving day so decided to make some fun hats for the boys to wear during the walk.  We found the idea here.
I cut out brown paper strips and measured it to their heads and secured with a staple.  We took two lunch sacks each and stuffed them with newspaper.  We pushed the newspaper down a bit and twisted the tops of the bags.  It took a little bit of work to make them look like turkey legs.  We then took squares of white tissue paper and put of the end and secured with black pipe cleaner.  I then stapled it to the sides of the headband.
 It turned out cute and the boys are looking forward to wearing their hat to the event.
 I had two more foam crafts so I let the boys finish those off today.
We will be back tomorrow with Day 9 of our Thanksgiving countdown.

No comments: