Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Homemade Graham Crackers

While looking through my recipe binder I came across this recipe for graham crackers. I am not sure where I printed it from but I thought it was worth a try. Who doesn't love a good graham cracker? We all loved these and snacked on them throughout the week. I will definitely make these again soon.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top
Directions:
In a medium bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid) cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Cover and chill dough until firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into rectangles. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place 1/2 inch apart onto a prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Edges will be golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy!!

No comments: