Thursday, February 3, 2011

Robot Birthday Party Invitation

I looked around for several months for a party invitation for my son's robot party but I never could find exactly what I wanted. They were either too young looking, too expensive or had more to do with outer space than robots. So I decided to make my own.
I found a color page that I liked, cut out the picture and then traced it on gray card stock. I cut out the robot and traced around it with Sharpie to outline the details. I then cut out colored card stock to make the eyes and nose.
(little robot army)

I created the party details in two parts. The part with the information I glued onto the gray card stock. The decorative part I designed on the computer and printed in color, I cut it out and attached over the party info with a brad that looks like a screw.

To open the invite, you just swing the top up and it reveals all the information about the party.

No comments: