Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tilapia Parmesan

I recently learned that both of my boys like fish. My husband and I don't have much experience with fish but we are willing to give it a try. After talking to the lady behind the meat counter at the store, she informed me that tilapia is a good fish to start with. I found this recipe for Tilapia Parmesan and thought it sounded great. And it did not disappoint. We polished off the whole pan of fish with my boys each eating a half piece. We will definitely make this again soon.
Ingredients:
2 lbs tilapia fillets (I used 4 pieces which was 1 lb)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 Tbsp butter, room temperature
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
3 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
1/4 tsp dried basil
black pepper
1 dash hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's hot sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a buttered 13X9" baking dish, lay fillets in a single layer. Do not stack fillets.
3. Brush top with juice.
4. In a bowl combine cheese, butter, mayo, onions and seasonings.
5. Bake fish in a preheated oven 10 - 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake. 6. Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Watch fish closely so it doesn't overcook. I served mine with Basmati Rice and steamed broccoli. I am linking up to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and What's on Your Plate!

No comments: