Thursday, February 17, 2011

Robot Piniata

My sons party is only two days away so I am working hard to finish the last minute details. One thing my son really wanted at his party was a pinata. He has never had a pinata so I thought it would be a fun treat for him. I was not able to find a robot pinata, so I made my own. I had everything on had so the project ended up being free. I started by taping some boxes, cans and tp rolls together in a robot shape. I spray painted it completely silver, let it dry, then painted on the rest of the details by hand.
I made this pinata the pull string type by taping on a bunch of "fake strings" and painting them over with silver paint.
I added some fun details on the front like my sons birth date, time he was born and weight. He is getting so excited for his party and even cleaned his room to make more room for new toys. My baby is 5!! :(

No comments: