The weather is finally warming up which means we are eating a lot more salads. Our favorite summer meals consist of some sort of meat cooked on the grill and a salad. Over the years I have collected many salad recipes and this one is always a hit.
2 cups frozen peas
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp dried dill weed
2 Tbsp finely chopped onions
4 Tbsp finely chopped celery
3 slices bacon, fried until crispy
1. In a microwave safe dish, microwave peas on high for 2 minutes, stir.
Continue to microwave for an additional 2 minutes on high.
2. Drain and cool completely with cold water and ice cubes, drain.
3. In a large bowl, mix together peas, sour cream, mayo, dill weed, onions and celery.
Chill for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon until well done and crispy. Place bacon on a paper towel to drain.
5. Crumble bacon and garish when serving.Tasty Tuesday and This Week's Cravings!