Monday, January 16, 2012

Crepes with Cool Whip Hearts

Way back in high school I took a couple of French classes.  I admit I don't remember anything other then the word for cheese, but one thing I did take away from the class was this recipe for Crepes.  This is a recipe we use often and has become a family favorite.  One of our favorite fillings is apples but we have tried several others such as blueberries and strawberries.  All  have been yummy.
 My boys love special meals.  These are meals that I take a couple extra minutes to make special and more fun to eat.  This time I made apple crepes and topped it with a Cool Whip heart and red sugar.  I made the hearts by letting the Cool Whip thaw a bit.  Then I spread it on a plate and stuck it back in the freezer to harden.  Right before I added it to the crepe, I cut out a heart shape and then sprinkled red sugar on top.  My boys loved it and gobbled it up.
Crepe Recipe:

1 cup milk
2 Tbsp butter
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Heat milk and butter in saucepan, lukewarm until butter is melted.
When slightly cooled, beat in eggs, flour, baking powder and salt.
Cook like pancakes (takes about a minute on each side).
Add berries, whip cream or powdered sugar.
Enjoy!!

No comments: