Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Mantel

 I have been collecting snowmen for years.  Usually I set them out after Thanksgiving and take them down with the Christmas decorations.  This year I decided to keep some of  them out longer and decorate my mantel.  I have enjoyed seeing my collection stay out longer then a month.
 I found these mice after Christmas on clearance.  Usually I find mice creepy but I guess when you put hats and scarves on them they look a lot more friendly.
 I got this winter subway art from another blogger last year.  Sorry I can't remember which one but I think it is super cute.
I also got these ice skating birds on clearance after Christmas.  I think they represent winter perfectly. 
I really enjoy decorating my mantel.  I'm already planning my Valentine's mantel and am just waiting for my husband to give me the go ahead to put it up.  He doesn't like me decorating for a holiday too far in advance.  He really helps keep me grounded because I would have decorations up months in advance.  :)

No comments: