Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lego Crayons

My oldest son is having a Lego party in the next few weeks.  One thing he wanted to add to his goodie bags was Lego crayons.  These are simple to make and turn out really cute.
 My son told me 6 months ago he wanted a Lego party so I had plenty of time to plan.  I was able to get all the crayons during the school sales for $.25 a box.
To make the crayons preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
Take the wrappers off the crayons and break them up into small chunks.  Use one crayon per hole in the mold. (I got the mold from the Lego website.)
Bake the crayons in the oven for 10-15 minutes.  The smaller the chunks the less time it takes.
 Once the crayons are completely melted let them cool for about an hour. 
I love how some of the colors get mixed and make crayons with several colors.   I am sure the kids at the party will really enjoy these.

No comments: