Thursday, March 24, 2011

Frozen Cookie Dough

When I make cookies I usually bake a few and then freeze the rest. This not only gives me cookies for later but also keeps me from eating them all in one day. I make up the dough and bake a dozen cookies. With the rest of the dough I scoop them out with a cookie dough scoop and put the dough balls on a cookie sheet. I put them in the freezer for a couple hours to harden. This keeps them from sticking together in the baggie.
Once the dough balls are hard I put them in a freeze bag. I write the baking directions on the baggie so I don't have to look up the recipe later when I am ready to bake a few. When I am ready for a fresh, warm cookie I pull out the number of dough balls I want and bake them. Now I can have a couple cookies whenever I want without making a whole new batch.

No comments: