Monday, March 14, 2011

Monster Oreo Pops

One of the treats I made for my sons birthday party is Monster Oreo Pops. My friends loved the ones I made at Christmas so I figured I would make some more and make them look like monsters. I started out with Double Stuffed Oreos that I took the tops off of. I gently pushed a lollipop stick into the white center.
I used melted chocolate wafers and put a little over the stick to keep it in place and then put the lid back on. I let it dry for about 15 minutes so it could harden. I dipped the Oreo Pops into the melted chocolate wafers and tapped off the excess. I used three colors to make these Monster Pops. I used a limey green, dark green and orange. I put the dipped Oreo Pop onto wax paper and added the eyes and Red Hots for the nose on a few of them. I found the eyes at Michael's Craft Store. I let them set for a few hours then used red and black writing frosting to make the mouths and eye lashes. These were a huge hit and disappeared quickly at the party. I am linking up to Tasty Tuesday, Not JUST a Housewife, This Week's Cravings and Time to Shine!

10 comments:

Country Gal said...

So cute! I can't wait to make these for our family reunion next month - the kids are gonna love them!

Michelle said...

these are adorable!

Janet said...

OOOH, DEF. need to do this around halloween! THANKST!!!

http://www.craigslistqueen.blogspot.com

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

We are hosting a linky party THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS with "Everything GREEN for St. Patrick's Day". We would LOVE for you to link up this amazing recipe!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-20-go.html

Megan said...

I love your monsters! I made some pumpkin pops last Halloween and they were such a hit. I think I need to think Easter Oreo pops now! How cute would bunnys be? ;)

Erin said...

These are so awesome! I love the eye balls! Too cute!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Thanks for coming by and linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "everything green"! Each Monday is a new theme and on this Monday it will be CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE. I hope you have a recipe to come link-up (or maybe this will inspire you to make something new this weekend). Hope to see ya Monday at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

Heather - Chickabug said...

Hi Jen! I blogged about your monster pops today:

http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2011/09/halloween-oreo-pop-ideas.html

Awesome job, they are SO cute! : )

Lil Mama Stuart said...

came from chickabug and pinned for a monster 1st birthday party :)

It's my first blogiversary and I have a week full of giveaways, I'd love if you stopped by!

Debbie M said...

Great IDEA....but I am going to make volleyballs and make a bouquet out of them!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Deb Martin, Glasco KS