Monday, August 1, 2011

Buffet Redo

While looking through some pictures I came across this one of our buffet before we refinished it.  It brought back a lot of memories.  Before my husband and I were married (8 years ago) we found this piece in an old antique shop in Texas.  We instantly fell in love with it.  The top drawer has a green velvety lining and it has a very distinctive smell.  It had brown paint on it that was peeling off and really ugly wood handles.  We took this piece home for $75 with big plans to refinish it over Christmas weekend.
 After removing the old paint and handles, sanding, staining and adding new handles, we ended up with this gorgeous piece.  After 8 years it is still my favorite piece of furniture that we own.  Now if I can just get my boys to stop storing their Play Doh in there life would be great.

3 comments:

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

I love the shape of this buffet! So classic and lovely. Wish I could find one like it near me! :)

the cape on the corner said...

wow, that is a gorgeous piece! i love the natural wood color-so glad you didn't paint this something crazy. it's just so timeless.

Adriana said...

OMG i'm in love with it too!! I need one of those for my new house.