I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine and thought it sounded great. The original recipe uses refrigerated french bread dough but I decided to try it with my own homemade pizza dough. I have never tried a pizza without some sort of sauce on it so wasn't sure how it would turn out. Quick & Easy Pizza Crust
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 T olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt & oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan dusted with cornmeal. Spread with toppings.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
2 tsp yellow cornmeal
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups vertically sliced onions
1 (8-ounce) pkg presliced cremini mushrooms
1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese- I used mozzarella and cheddar
6 bacon slices, cooked and coarsely crumbled
1/2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onions; saute 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place chopped onion in a bowl. Add cremini mushrooms to pan; saute 8 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add mushrooms to onion mixture; toss.
3. Spread onion mixture evenly over prepared dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bacon.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with parsley.
The pizza turned out really good. Everyone in my family really enjoyed it and we will be having it again in the near future.