Thursday, January 27, 2011

LOVE Letters

Before my youngest son, Cole, was born I bought letters that I planned to paint and hang in his room. For whatever reason it never got done and they just sat in the office. While looking for things I could use to decorate for Valentine's Day I came across the letters. I noticed I had all but one letter to spell out LOVE. The next weekend when I was at Michaels I picked up a "V" and had a complete set.
My original plan was to paint them red with some paint I had and then just lean them up on my mantel. After they were painted I noticed they really needed something. I used some Mod Podge to paint over the red paint and then put glitter on tip so they would shimmer. When the bottom layer of Mod Podge was dry I added another think coat on top to keep the glitter in place.
At Christmas time I saw a Noel sign on the Pottery Barn website that I really liked. So I decided to set the LOVE letters up in a similar way. I just used a hot glue gun to stick them together. I really love the way they turned out. It was an inexpensive and simple project that really stands out on my mantel. LOVE it!!

No comments: