Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Valentine's Heart Ornaments

My oldest son is really in to decorating for holidays. He asked me to decorate for Valentine's Day before Christmas was even over. Since I knew I wanted to do some simple and inexpensive projects to help decorate, I bought as much as I could on clearance after Christmas.
I found these heart ornaments on clearance at Michael's craft store. I got the paints on sale 3/$1. I took the metal pieces used to hang the ornament off and dribbled paint down the inside of the ornaments. I tried adding some glitter but it didn't show up as well as I had hoped. I put the ornaments upside down in an egg carton so the excess paint could run out. I let them dry for several hours and then put the metal pieces back on. I left some of them clear and added some silver glitter and heart glitter. When I was ready to decorate I filled my vases with some Easter grass I had from last year and then placed the heart ornaments randomly throughout the grass.

No comments: