Monday, July 11, 2011

Adirondack Chair redo

A couple months ago I was at a yard sale and came upon two wooden Adirondack chairs.  I have wanted a set for quite some time but would never pay retail price for them.  When I saw these chairs I knew I had to have them...until I saw the price, $15 a piece was too much for me.  The chairs needed lots of work.  They were wobbly and the red paint was peeling off everywhere.  So I decided to pass.
 As I continued on to other yard sales I couldn't get the chairs out of my mind. After an hour or so I decided to go back and offer $15 for both. To my surprise, the owner had marked them down to $3 each. Now that was a price I could pay.  They even helped me load them up.

  When I got them home I quickly learned how much work they would be. My husband and I sanded as much of the red paint off as we could and put several screws in to make them sturdy. We sprayed them with a few coats of primer and them painted them turquoise.


I love my new chairs.  They are really comfortable to sit in and the cheery color makes me smile. I paid $6 for the chairs and spent about $15 in supplies.  Now those are some thrifty chairs.


3 comments:

Katie said...

I love these! What an awesome find! I redid my adirondack chairs in almost the same color! Don't you love how they brighten up the porch?! I smile every time I drive up to my house! Great job!

Christy said...

haha, I totally just painted my chairs almost the same color as well. :) What a steal you got. Hopping over from a linky party. Have a wonderful Day.

DIY Woodworking 16000 Free Plans For Beginners said...

Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
Download over 16,000 WOODWORKING Plans at here
http://woodworkingplanspro.weebly.com
Arbor Projects ,
Adirondack Chairs ,
Artwork Display ,
Bathroom Unit ,
Box Designs ,
Billiard/Pool Table ,
Barn Plans ,
Bed Plans ,
Bedside Cabinets ,
Bee Hive Plans ,
Bench Projects ,
Bird Feeders ,
Birdhouse Plans ,
Boat Plans ,
Book Case Plans ,
Baby Changing Table ,
Coat Rack ,
Cabin Plans ,
Cabinet Plans ,
Carport Plans ,
Cart Plans ,
Cat House Plans ,
CD/DVD Holder ,
Cellar Projects ,
Chair Plans ,
Chest Designs ,
Chicken Houses
Childrens Room Plans ,
Clock Plans ,
Coasters ,
Coffee Table Designs ,
Cold Frame Plans ,
Compost Bin ,
Computer Desk ,
Containers ,
Cradle Projects ,
Small Crafts ,
Cutting Board ,
Deck Plans ..
Hope it will help you next time !