Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crafting with your Kids: Pudding Painting

The other day my boys were complaining that they were bored and hungry.  After giving it some thought I decided to let them paint with pudding.  I figured this would keep them busy for a bit and also provide them a snack.
 I started by making some vanilla pudding as per the instructions.  When it was ready I divided it into 4 bowls and added a few drops of food coloring. I then let them stir the pudding to mix in the color.  I had hid the color under some pudding so they had no idea until they mixed it that it would change color.  That was a big hit.
 Once the colors were mixed I put a glop of pudding on their hands and let them finger paint on cardstock paper.
 My little guy was the most adventurous with trying all the colors.
 Until he realized he could eat it.  After that he would add huge glops and just eat it.

Once the creations are done let them dry. 
This was a lot of fun and definitely one we will do again in the future.

Linking up to Wow Me Wednesday!

No comments: