I had some leftover frozen blueberries in the freezer so made this Blueberry Crisp to go with our 4th of July meal. It was very easy to make and super yummy.
5-6 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup regular oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare an 11 X 7 inch baking dish
3. Spread the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir until thick and clear, then add the vanilla.
5. Pour over blueberries and gently stir.
6. In a bowl combine the flour with the oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
7. Add in the melted butter; mix until crumbly.
8. Sprinkle over top of blueberry mixture.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until blueberry mixture bubbles and the topping is brown.
10. Serve with ice cream. Enjoy!